M K Srivastava IPS
This brave and commendable gentleman belongs to 1977 batch of Indian Police Service (IPS) Karnataka cadre, recently retired as Director General of Police.
He has held challenging assignments like:
- Assistant Superintendent of Police: Hubli – Dharwad;
- Superintendent of Police: Kolar, Bidar (for 2 terms), Gulbarga Districts; Additional Commissioner of Police: Bangalore City ;
- Director (Security & Vigilance) Karnataka State Transport Corporation; Commander Task Force, anti-Veerappan Operations;
- Inspector General of Police: Bangalore Metropolitan Task Force; Southern Range, Mysore;
- Additional Director General of Police: Crime & Technical Services; Police Modernisation;
- Director General of Police: Karnataka State Police Housing Corporation.
- M.Sc.Physics – University of Allahabad (gold medallist);
- LL.B., M.B.A. (HRD & Marketing as specialisations)
- Attended International Conference on Disaster Management at Barcelona, Spain (1986);
- India Major Case Management Course at FBI Academy, Quantico, USA (2003);
- International Congress on Tetra Radio Communication at Hong Kong (2010);
- City Build Construction Summit at Abu Dhabi (2011)
Active in the National Management movement and member of Karnataka & All India Management Associations
- Guest Faculty at SVP National Police Academy, Hyderabad;
- Karnataka Police Academy, Mysore;
- Corps of Military Police, Bangalore.
- Board of Governors of CMR University & CMR group of Management Institutions,
- SV School of Excellence for Law, RML Law College.
- Associated with several not for profit institutions.
Member of Organ Transplant Committee constituted by Govt of Karnataka for Manipal Hospital, Bangalore.
- Advisor, Lithium Urban Technologies, Bangalore.
- Represented Karnataka Police in All India Lawn Tennis & Golf Tournaments since 1998.
- Awarded Police Medal for Meritorious Service on the occasion of Republic Day 1999;
- Awarded President’s Police Medal for Distinguished Service on the occasion of Republic Day 2006;
- Awarded “Vishwakarma Award” as Best Public Officer of the year 2011 by Construction Industry Development Corporation (CIDC), Govt of India;
- Awarded Cash reward & Commendation by Govt of Karnataka for outstanding work done as Commander, Task Force anti-Veerappan Operations.