Very well experienced Finance Professional with thorough knowledge of both Indian Direct and Indirect taxation also good understanding of International Tax Treaties; Corporate Strategic Planning, Financial Planning and Budgeting; Capital Structuring and Fund raising structures; M & A matters; Corporate Secretarial Matters; IPO and listing of companies on Stock Exchange covering capital structuring, regulatory aspects and marketing of securities.
His experience also includes statutory and internal audit of many companies engaged in manufacturing, Services, Banking, Finance and Insurance and also representation of clients before the Tax Authorities in India up to the Appellate Tribunals.
B.Sc., – University of Bangalore
LL.B., – University of Bangalore
F.C.A – The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India
Licentiate ICSI – The Institute of Company Secretaries of India
Associations and Work Credentials:
– Financial and Project Planning Team member for BPL Group of companies who introduced many consumer durables like Televisions, VCRs, Audio decks, Refrigerators, Washing Machines, Vacuum Cleaners, etc under Sanyo Collaboration during 1983-88;
– Got associated with The South India Paper Mills Ltd in 1983 and instrumental in strategic planning, enhancing the capacity from 35 TPD to 190 TPD, many cost saving projects including installation of Extraction cum Condensation Turbine to meeting the requirement of Power and Steam for the plant. Got the company listed on Stock Exchange by an IPO. Consultant for acquiring a sick Duplex Paper Plant and rehabilitation of the same;
– Part of the Project Team for setting up of HDPE woven sacks plant for Madras Cements Group installing German Sterlinger Machines and also got the company listed on Stock Exchange through IPO;
– Project Consultant for Impact Tubes Ltd for setting up of collapsible aluminium tubes for pharam, toiletries and cosmetic industries;
– Consultant for setting up of Multi-layer co-extrusion plastic film plant using entire range of machinery from Reifenhauser of Germany;
– Consultant for Ladhani Group for setting up Soft Drink Bottling plants under Parle Exports/Coca Cola Franchise arrangement;
– Consultant for Ladhani Group for setting up of Di Basic Calcium Phosphate Plants using Haifa Route process using Rock Phosphate;
– Project Consultant for Sparr Equipment Ltd for setting up of Manufacturing and assembly line for Water Well Rigs, Crawler mounted Rigs and Mining rigs. Got the company listed on Stock Exchange during 1987 by an IPO;
– Consultant to Philidelphia based Eskayef Pharma in India for pricing regulated under Drug Price Control Oder and also part of the team for doing their IPO in 1984;
– Consultant for setting up of 500 sewing machines Garment Factory with complete range of cutting, fabric processing and finishing machines using Japanese machines;
– Project consultant for setting up of Tannery in Dindigul, TN using EI Tanning process for a Chennai based leather Exporter. The Project for the first time in India employed electronic leather area measuring equipment of a German Manufacturer;
– Got associated with HDPE pipe manufacturing company during 1988 to 2004, instrumental in modernizing the plant, enhancing the capacity and planned many pipe line projects for water supply, effluent disposal and chemical plants;
– Consultant from 1997 to 2006 for India’s first Ferro Alloy plant for strategic planning, capacity enhancement and modernization;
– Consultant for Sartorius AG of Germany for setting up their Indian operation;
– Consultant for many Real Estate Development Companies in Bangalore for developing Residential and Commercial properties. Engagement included Joint Venture arrangement between the Land Owner and the Developer, working Project Costs, funding, marketing strategy, pricing, tie up Customer funding through Banks and other allied matters;
– Project Consultant for setting up of manufacturing facility for Sewing Thread;
– Takeover and merger of 140 years old, two Stock Exchange listed Coffee Plantation Companies having aggregate plantation of 8000 hectares and re-constitution of the management and setting up of MIS and other corporate processes;
-Project Consultant for setting up of completely automated -Corrugated Paper Carton manufacturing plant;
-Project Consultant for setting up of Mineral Water/Bottled Water Plant under Bailey Brand and Kinley Brand owned by Coca Cola Company;
-Project consultant for setting up of Pop Rivets including wire drawing facility, using Taiwanese machines;
-Instrumental in setting up Helicopter and Small aircraft charter operation for Deccan Aviation Ltd. The company grew from a single Helicopter in 1997 to 9 Helicopters and 3 small fixed wing planes. Role included writing the Business Plan, funding, requisite regulatory approvals, sourcing aircraft on dry lease basis, marketing strategy, Brand building, Setting up office systems and processes and MIS. In the year 2003, company decided to venture into Low Cost Airline for country. Initially, the project with 6 turbo prop plane was planned and this was executed within 6 months to cover operation of 6 Turbo Prop planes covering 13 airports operation. After successful execution of the first phase, 5 Airbus A320 was inducted into the fleet within first year of the operation. In 3 years, company inducted 23 turbo prop ATR aircraft and 21 Airbus A320, covered 66 airports (of which 22 airports operation was monopoly) with 360 daily flights. Investors considered me as a co-promoter though I did not have any substantial stake. Company also placed order for 60 Airbus A320 and 30 ATR 72s. Managed the role of CFO of the company and also on the Board as a Whole-time Director for 4 years.
Implemented Express Cargo & Logistics Business for Deccan Cargo & Express Logistics Private Ltd with 58 franchisees, 10 surface hubs, 300 trucks operation, 8 aircraft operation on hub and spoke model covering 10 airports, raised approx. Rs.2700 mn of funding both debt and equity. The assignment lasted for about a year and at present on the Board of the company.